Marine Well Containment Company (MWCC) has 10 member companies: Anadarko, Apache, BHP Billiton, BP, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil, Hess, Shell and Statoil.
Member companies are committed to deepwater drilling in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Nearly 70 percent of wells drilled in the deepwater U.S. Gulf of Mexico are operated by MWCC member companies.
Each member company has an equal share and an equal vote, and each contributes to the company's overall operating costs as well as the overall cost of the expanded containment system, which is more than one billion dollars.
Initial formation of the company was completed in March 2011, but membership remains open to all oil and gas operators in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. System equipment and services are available to members and non-members. Non-members can enter into agreements to cite the MWCC system in their permit application. MWCC charges a per-well fee to support some of the costs for developing and maintaining the system. For more information on membership or relying upon MWCC's system as a non-member, contact us at email@example.com.
MWCC member companies are part of a long-term solution for providing containment services for a potential deepwater well control incident in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Membership includes a number of benefits for oil and gas operators including:
- Equal share of company, staffed with industry experience and expertise
- Access to the industry's leading, proven containment system and technology
- Access to containment services for a response to a potential well control event of an existing well; non-members have access only for a specific well over a defined time period
- Executive Committee, comprised of members, maintain voting rights on certain company business
- All members participate on the Executive Committee on a rotating basis
- Continuous engagement including committee meetings, technical reviews, ad-hoc work teams and drills
- Support in BSEE permitting process
- Access to ongoing MWCC training sessions for Responsible Party Incident Management Teams